"Those halcyon days of yore" Ozzie and Harriet 'The Electric Train' episode


Gene N.
 

For those senior members of this group it is a fun trip back to the simpler viewing of our youth.  For the younger members it is probably hackneyed and trite (a fair assessment compared to today's fare).  But the basic theme is one we can all agree on.  Everybody loves trains.
Commercials include Aunt Jemima waffles and pancakes, and Disneyland promoting their Aunt Jemima Restaurant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04zc4anw3EU&fbclid=IwAR2gBt4sunRinzartAkgU7Tcud7wjV33NwMRll541eBAhTEhuk3_QvO8HTM


Lloyd Rombold
 

I loved the video. Reminds me of the Lionel trains I put away when I got hooked on Lego. Here’s another video you may enjoy.

https://youtu.be/t475_VGa7EE

Lloyd

On Feb 2, 2021, at 6:33 PM, Gene N. via groups.io <Gaofar@...> wrote:

For those senior members of this group it is a fun trip back to the simpler viewing of our youth. For the younger members it is probably hackneyed and trite (a fair assessment compared to today's fare). But the basic theme is one we can all agree on. Everybody loves trains.
Commercials include Aunt Jemima waffles and pancakes, and Disneyland promoting their Aunt Jemima Restaurant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04zc4anw3EU&fbclid=IwAR2gBt4sunRinzartAkgU7Tcud7wjV33NwMRll541eBAhTEhuk3_QvO8HTM





Gene N.
 

Glad you liked it.  The one you provided was really hardcore, hope I never get that crazy..

On Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 08:05:16 PM EST, Lloyd Rombold <lrombold@...> wrote:

I loved the video. Reminds me of the Lionel trains I put away when I got hooked on Lego. Here’s another video you may enjoy.

https://youtu.be/t475_VGa7EE

Lloyd

On Feb 2, 2021, at 6:33 PM, Gene N. via groups.io <Gaofar@...> wrote:

For those senior members of this group it is a fun trip back to the simpler viewing of our youth.  For the younger members it is probably hackneyed and trite (a fair assessment compared to today's fare).  But the basic theme is one we can all agree on.  Everybody loves trains.
Commercials include Aunt Jemima waffles and pancakes, and Disneyland promoting their Aunt Jemima Restaurant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04zc4anw3EU&fbclid=IwAR2gBt4sunRinzartAkgU7Tcud7wjV33NwMRll541eBAhTEhuk3_QvO8HTM





Tom Johnston
 

I loved this, especially recognizing all the Lionel.

Did anyone notice the package wrapped up in brown paper? Before bags, stores stacked your purchases on a sheet of brown paper and wrapped them up together. I did that in the train department of the hobby store I worked at in the 1970s. New customers stared in surprise and fascination as I tore off a big sheet of paper, carefully stacked their purchases, rolled them up, and sealed them with gummed tape. “Uh. What?!”

Understand that the self-wetting tape dispenser was a big tech upgrade from the string you see clerks use in general stores in old westerns.

Corr’s Hobbies was over 100 years old, in downtown DC.

Thomas J


Walter Lee
 

My Childhood train set was a Gilbert American Flyer - Pioneer Flyer Set... S-gauge (1961)

On Saturday, February 6, 2021, 03:15:32 PM EST, Tom Johnston <berylandthomas@...> wrote:

I loved this, especially recognizing all the Lionel.

Did anyone notice the package wrapped up in brown paper?  Before bags, stores stacked your purchases on a sheet of brown paper and wrapped them up together. I did that in the train department of the hobby store I worked at in the 1970s. New customers stared in surprise and fascination as I tore off a big sheet of paper, carefully stacked their purchases, rolled them up, and sealed them with gummed tape. “Uh. What?!”

Understand that the self-wetting tape dispenser was a big tech upgrade from the string you see clerks use in general stores in old westerns.

Corr’s Hobbies was over 100 years old, in downtown DC.

Thomas J