Potential Show at Fairfax Station

Monty Smith

Hi All,

I just got off the phone with Bob Lamond at the Fairfax Station Railroad
Museum. He was asking about having some Lego Trains at the museum sometime
soon. I dont do my solo layout much anymore, but I said I'd reach out to
WAMALTC and see if we can't field some interest. The proposed dates are May
7th-8th (May 8th is Mother's Day) so we could have a 2-day show. I'd be
happy to design the layout and make things happen, unless someone else is
dying to do it. So what do we think? Who's in?

-Monty

Constantine Hannaher

Monty,

I won't be able to join you for Manassas so I would be up for 2 to 4 tables.

Constantine

Monty Smith

Hi All,

Small update, we're getting inked in for the show at Fairfax Station on the
7th-8th, they just want to confirm we'll have enough of our crew available
on the 8th to make the show happen, given that the 8th is Mother's Day.
I've got a layout plan that I'll share tonight, I'm ready to tell them
we're on, although I don't have a whole lot of responses yet. Who's in that
hasn't hit me up yet?

-Monty

On Sun, Apr 3, 2022, 1:11 PM Monty Smith via groups.io <montystrains=
gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

I just got off the phone with Bob Lamond at the Fairfax Station Railroad
Museum. He was asking about having some Lego Trains at the museum sometime
soon. I dont do my solo layout much anymore, but I said I'd reach out to
WAMALTC and see if we can't field some interest. The proposed dates are May
7th-8th (May 8th is Mother's Day) so we could have a 2-day show. I'd be
happy to design the layout and make things happen, unless someone else is
dying to do it. So what do we think? Who's in?

-Monty

Monty,

I’m in for the 7th and 8th.

Bob Hayes

gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

I just got off the phone with Bob Lamond at the Fairfax Station Railroad
Museum. He was asking about having some Lego Trains at the museum sometime
soon. I dont do my solo layout much anymore, but I said I'd reach out to
WAMALTC and see if we can't field some interest. The proposed dates are May
7th-8th (May 8th is Mother's Day) so we could have a 2-day show. I'd be
happy to design the layout and make things happen, unless someone else is
dying to do it. So what do we think? Who's in?

-Monty

MARGARET KEYS

Is this something we need club tables for?
Margaret

gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

I just got off the phone with Bob Lamond at the Fairfax Station Railroad
Museum. He was asking about having some Lego Trains at the museum sometime
soon. I dont do my solo layout much anymore, but I said I'd reach out to
WAMALTC and see if we can't field some interest. The proposed dates are May
7th-8th (May 8th is Mother's Day) so we could have a 2-day show. I'd be
happy to design the layout and make things happen, unless someone else is
dying to do it. So what do we think? Who's in?

-Monty

Monty Smith

Ideally yes, are club tables possible for this show? Will they need
transportation arrangements?

-Monty

gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

I just got off the phone with Bob Lamond at the Fairfax Station Railroad
Museum. He was asking about having some Lego Trains at the museum
sometime
soon. I dont do my solo layout much anymore, but I said I'd reach out to
WAMALTC and see if we can't field some interest. The proposed dates are
May
7th-8th (May 8th is Mother's Day) so we could have a 2-day show. I'd be
happy to design the layout and make things happen, unless someone else is
dying to do it. So what do we think? Who's in?

-Monty

MARGARET KEYS

Well, the tables are in my garage and I usually transport them, but I was thinking of going to DE for Mother’s Day. Would it be possible to leave them at the Station until Monday afternoon?
Margaret

gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

I just got off the phone with Bob Lamond at the Fairfax Station Railroad
Museum. He was asking about having some Lego Trains at the museum
sometime
soon. I dont do my solo layout much anymore, but I said I'd reach out to
WAMALTC and see if we can't field some interest. The proposed dates are
May
7th-8th (May 8th is Mother's Day) so we could have a 2-day show. I'd be
happy to design the layout and make things happen, unless someone else is
dying to do it. So what do we think? Who's in?

-Monty

Monty Smith

We could arrange to have the tables live overnight at the museum, or
failing that, I could take them home and deliver them to you that Monday.

-Monty

gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

I just got off the phone with Bob Lamond at the Fairfax Station
Railroad
Museum. He was asking about having some Lego Trains at the museum
sometime
soon. I dont do my solo layout much anymore, but I said I'd reach out
WAMALTC and see if we can't field some interest. The proposed dates are
May
7th-8th (May 8th is Mother's Day) so we could have a 2-day show. I'd be
happy to design the layout and make things happen, unless someone else
is
dying to do it. So what do we think? Who's in?

-Monty

Monty Smith

@Margaret,

What time would you be looking to pick up the tables from the museum on
Monday afternoon?

gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

I just got off the phone with Bob Lamond at the Fairfax Station
Railroad
Museum. He was asking about having some Lego Trains at the museum
sometime
soon. I dont do my solo layout much anymore, but I said I'd reach out
WAMALTC and see if we can't field some interest. The proposed dates are
May
7th-8th (May 8th is Mother's Day) so we could have a 2-day show. I'd be
happy to design the layout and make things happen, unless someone else
is
dying to do it. So what do we think? Who's in?

-Monty

MARGARET KEYS

That won’t be necessary as I am not leaving town.
Mike said we will need 19 full tables and 2 half tables. Is that still true? Will we be needing tables with adjustable legs? What about track, base plates, controllers?

gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

I just got off the phone with Bob Lamond at the Fairfax Station
Railroad
Museum. He was asking about having some Lego Trains at the museum
sometime
soon. I dont do my solo layout much anymore, but I said I'd reach out
WAMALTC and see if we can't field some interest. The proposed dates are
May
7th-8th (May 8th is Mother's Day) so we could have a 2-day show. I'd be
happy to design the layout and make things happen, unless someone else
is
dying to do it. So what do we think? Who's in?

-Monty

Monty Smith

Yes, that table count is still correct. Definitely going to need some 9V
straights and curves and controllers, plus road plates. I can bring some of
my own track to share the load if needed.

-Monty

gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

I just got off the phone with Bob Lamond at the Fairfax Station
Railroad
Museum. He was asking about having some Lego Trains at the museum
sometime
soon. I dont do my solo layout much anymore, but I said I'd reach out
WAMALTC and see if we can't field some interest. The proposed dates
are
May
7th-8th (May 8th is Mother's Day) so we could have a 2-day show. I'd
be
happy to design the layout and make things happen, unless someone
else
is
dying to do it. So what do we think? Who's in?

-Monty

Monty Smith

Oh, and I missed a question, we will need adjustable legs on one full-size
table and one half-size table.

-Monty