Fairfax Station May 7th-8th Track Plan

Monty Smith

Hi All,

It's a bit less than two weeks away from our show at the Fairfax Station
Railroad Museum! Public hours are Saturday, May 7th, 12pm-4pm and Sunday,
May 8th, 1pm-4pm. We have an option for Friday setup (May 6th) from
4pm-8pm, which we can adjust if needed. I've got a draft drack plan here
that I think will go over well. The outermost loop with the R104 curves
will be for battery-operated trains, while the large inner loop and the
three mini loops will be for 9V trains. I will bring all the wide-radius
curves (FX Bricks has recently released their 9V curves in R56, R72, R88
and R104) and custom switches (orange) shown on the plan. I am guessing
that other folks can bring the 9V straights, R40 switches (red) and curves.
If that's incorrect, please let me know! I'll also bring my motorized
drawbridge, shown on the left of the plan. Across the top of the plan is a
space for Mike to bring the buildings he'd like to bring, the bright green
areas on the right are as-yet-unclaimed-territory. I threw down a
suggestion for where the road plates can go, but that's flexible. I
included plenty of train storage space across the bottom of the plan.

If anyone would like to reserve specific areas of the layout for their
MOCs, please let me know so I can add that in. Looking forward to a fun
weekend, especially because May 6th is my last day at my current job! Let's
party!

-Monty

Constantine Hannaher

Monty,

Thanks for accommodating my proposed contribution to this display, as organizer could you add this event to the WamaLTC calendar?

Constantine

Monty Smith

Happy to do it! Pasting the updated track plan in this reply, all the light
green space is as-yet-unclaimed. I would be happy to add this to the
calendar.

-Monty

On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 3:35 PM Constantine Hannaher via groups.io
<channaher@...> wrote:

Monty,

Thanks for accommodating my proposed contribution to this display, as
organizer could you add this event to the WamaLTC calendar?

Constantine

Scott Bertaut

Sorry for the late response, I had prior plans for this weekend but the whether looks like it will be unfavorable to them, so I would like to come to this show. I plan to bring a train or two and a few other vehicles. I would also like to bring my Diner which looks like it would just barely fit in the bottom left most light green space, but let me know (dimensions are 48 deep and 80 wide).