Christmas in Purcellville

tplgo08291993

Purcellville is planning for their Christmas event.

BUT it is not definite.
Who would be able to participate in case it does happen?
Tony

Scott Bertaut

I'd be really amazed if the virus is under control enough by then to make this happen. However if it is I'd be interested.

Walter Lee

it would take about six months after a unusual effective vaccine initial deployment to even push the world back to something looking like it is trending towards normalcy... so if all goes well 2021 October December Holiday season ... Just deployment of a vaccine to essential workers would take two to four weeks AND it takes several weeks after vaccination to build up an immunity... most vaccines are only about 50 to 70 percent effective....even if there is an effective nation wide vaccination the rest of the world will still struggle with the pandemic so there risk of Covi19 won't really end with a nation wide innoculation.

Constantine Hannaher

The city's web page has changed to say this about the event:

Virtual Lego Train Display, Saturday, December 12
We look forward to the amazing Lego Train display every year. Since we won’t be able to view the Lego Train Display in person, staff is planning a video of the popular display. Watch for that on the Christmas in Purcellville Facebook page and the Purcellville Parks and Recreation Facebook page on December 12.

Does this plan still include WamaLTC?

Constantine

Ed Kohl

I have videos of some of our past displays. Other members may also have videos that they took of our past displays so if this is something the club wants to do then we could supply a video to them if the club wants to do so.
If we do supply a video then it should be under the understanding that they would only us it for that one event on December 12th. The club should keep the rights to the video, not the event organizers.

Ed Kohl.

The city's web page has changed to say this about the event:

Virtual Lego Train Display, Saturday, December 12 We look forward to the amazing Lego Train display every year. Since we won’t be able to view the Lego Train Display in person, staff is planning a video of the popular display. Watch for that on the Christmas in Purcellville Facebook page and the Purcellville Parks and Recreation Facebook page on December 12.

Does this plan still include WamaLTC?

Constantine

tplgo08291993

I have not heard anything from them about the change or their needs. I will contact them for an update.
Tony

On Tuesday, November 10, 2020, 2:16:12 PM EST, Constantine Hannaher via groups.io <channaher=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

The city's web page has changed to say this about the event:

Virtual Lego Train Display, Saturday, December 12
We look forward to the amazing Lego Train display every year. Since we won’t be able to view the Lego Train Display in person, staff is planning a video of the popular display. Watch for that on the Christmas in Purcellville Facebook page and the Purcellville Parks and Recreation Facebook page on December 12.

Does this plan still include WamaLTC?

Constantine

Mike Harrod

I am not up at this point for an in-person display, but could provide some video from our past displays if that is a route we/they are considering.

Mike

tplgo08291993

The event is going to be virtual, as stated on the website.
They will be creating the video for the event. If they need any content for this, I will pass on the request to the group.
Tony

On Monday, November 16, 2020, 8:30:37 AM EST, Mike Harrod <mcharrod@cox.net> wrote:

I am not up at this point for an in-person display, but could provide some video from our past displays if that is a route we/they are considering.

Mike

Constantine Hannaher

What the Town of Purcellville prepared was a 2 minute video of photographs taken at our previous displays, with an identification of our name at the start.

https://www.facebook.com/PurcellvilleParksandRec/videos/1041280173044214