BSA train show?

Scott Bertaut

I remember in years past we have done a show with the Boy Scouts down in Dale city around early spring/late winter. Looking online, it appears they are having the show again this year and it is less then a month! (March 12 and 13). Are we planning to attend? Their website still says LEGO trains, but I hadn't heard anything from the group here.

Denise jadud

There is a Troop 964 train show on March 12th and 13th. They thought they had contacted us, but they don't know who. The show is at Lake Ridge Middle School in Woodbridge.

They floor plan shows us with a 25ft x35ft layout.

Does anyone want to do this show?

Ed Kohl

I'm not available that weekend.

Ed Kohl

Matthew David Taylor

I should be able to bring some trains, Fairfax Station, Christ Church, and could probably cobble some more stuff together if needed

On Feb 22, 2022, at 7:35 PM, Denise jadud <djadud@...> wrote:

There is a Troop 964 train show on March 12th and 13th. They thought they had contacted us, but they don't know who. The show is at Lake Ridge Middle School in Woodbridge.

They floor plan shows us with a 25ft x35ft layout.

Does anyone want to do this show?

Lloyd Rombold

I should be able to help. What is the table situation?

On Feb 22, 2022, at 7:52 PM, Denise jadud <djadud@...> wrote:

There is a Troop 964 train show on March 12th and 13th. They thought they had contacted us, but they don't know who. The show is at Lake Ridge Middle School in Woodbridge.

They floor plan shows us with a 25ft x35ft layout.

Does anyone want to do this show?

Mike Harrod

I’m interested if I can figure out transportation.It seems the new school is less off the beaten path than Saunders was, but I would still need a ride to/from with my stuff.
Mike

MARGARET KEYS

I had total knee replacement surgery on 15 Feb and will not be able to attend or deal with the tables. I would be amenable to someone else doing it. They could use my minivan if necessary as it is unlikely that I will be driving by then.

Margaret

On Feb 22, 2022, at 7:35 PM, Denise jadud <djadud@...> wrote:

There is a Troop 964 train show on March 12th and 13th. They thought they had contacted us, but they don't know who. The show is at Lake Ridge Middle School in Woodbridge.

They floor plan shows us with a 25ft x35ft layout.

Does anyone want to do this show?

I will be able to participate - bring trains, track, other stuff.

Bob

On Feb 17, 2022, at 1:26 PM, Scott Bertaut via groups.io <scottthewaterwarrior@...> wrote:

I remember in years past we have done a show with the Boy Scouts down in Dale city around early spring/late winter. Looking online, it appears they are having the show again this year and it is less then a month! (March 12 and 13). Are we planning to attend? Their website still says LEGO trains, but I hadn't heard anything from the group here.

Scott Bertaut

I also am planning on attending, should be my usual assortment of cars, trains, and a few buildings.

On Wednesday, February 23, 2022, 02:14:11 PM EST, Bob Hayes via groups.io <bobhayes1@...> wrote:

I will be able to participate - bring trains, track, other stuff.

Bob

On Feb 17, 2022, at 1:26 PM, Scott Bertaut via groups.io <scottthewaterwarrior@...> wrote:

I remember in years past we have done a show with the Boy Scouts down in Dale city around early spring/late winter.  Looking online, it appears they are having the show again this year and it is less then a month! (March 12 and 13).  Are we planning to attend?  Their website still says LEGO trains, but I hadn't heard anything from the group here.

Constantine Hannaher

Denise,

Thank you for investigating. I would like to display my Safeway, taking up 2½ tables.

Constantine

Scott Bertaut

Have we heard when we might be able to get into the school Friday and how late we can stay?

On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 2:56 PM, Constantine Hannaher via groups.io<channaher@...> wrote: Denise,

Thank you for investigating. I would like to display my Safeway, taking up 2½ tables.

Constantine

Denise jadud

Friday 4:30 - 8:00

On Fri, Feb 25, 2022, 19:22 Scott Bertaut via groups.io
<scottthewaterwarrior@...> wrote:

Have we heard when we might be able to get into the school Friday and how
late we can stay?

On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 2:56 PM, Constantine Hannaher via groups.io
<channaher@...> wrote: Denise,

Thank you for investigating. I would like to display my Safeway, taking up
2½ tables.

Constantine

Mike Harrod

All,
I’m not even committed to doing the BSA show, but Margaret is not available to transport tables and Gene is going out of town. Is anyone willing/able to transport tables to the show? Most of the tables are at Margaret’s house in Springfield; she is not able to help but can let you in if you can transport some or all of them. She has even offered use of her van for transport. Just asking.

Mike

Monty Smith

I might be able to transport the tables TO the show on Friday, transporting
them FROM the show on Sunday would be much more difficult (I am unable to
participate in the show as it is) so if someone can do the FROM half, I
could offer myself and my truck to do the TO half. A bit ridiculous
logistically, but I figure I'll offer what I can.

-Monty

On Wed, Mar 2, 2022, 3:24 PM Mike Harrod <mcharrod@...> wrote:

All,
I’m not even committed to doing the BSA show, but Margaret is not
available to transport tables and Gene is going out of town. Is anyone
willing/able to transport tables to the show? Most of the tables are at
Margaret’s house in Springfield; she is not able to help but can let you in
if you can transport some or all of them. She has even offered use of her
van for transport. Just asking.

Mike

Lloyd Rombold

Hi All
Something has come up and I won’t be able to help with the WAMALTC train display next weekend. Sorry for the short notice. I will miss seeing everyone.

thanks,
Lloyd

Hello,

I am getting a van for this show and will pick up and move the tables to and from the show.

Bob

On Mar 4, 2022, at 12:39 PM, Lloyd Rombold <Lrombold@...> wrote:

Hi All
Something has come up and I won’t be able to help with the WAMALTC train display next weekend. Sorry for the short notice. I will miss seeing everyone.

thanks,
Lloyd

Denise jadud

Kevin can transport the tables in Margaret's van

Denise

On Fri, Mar 4, 2022, 12:39 Lloyd Rombold <Lrombold@...> wrote:

Hi All
Something has come up and I won’t be able to help with the WAMALTC train
display next weekend. Sorry for the short notice. I will miss seeing
everyone.

thanks,
Lloyd

Denise,

Ok, I won’t get a van.

Please have Kevin let me know hen he plans to pick them up so I can be there to help load the,

Bob

On Mar 5, 2022, at 10:49 AM, Denise jadud <djadud@...> wrote:

Kevin can transport the tables in Margaret's van

Denise

On Fri, Mar 4, 2022, 12:39 Lloyd Rombold <Lrombold@...> wrote:

Hi All
Something has come up and I won’t be able to help with the WAMALTC train
display next weekend. Sorry for the short notice. I will miss seeing
everyone.

thanks,
Lloyd

Here is a possible track plan.
22 tables - I think that many will fit in Margaret’s van.
2 battery loops
4 9-volt loops

Some one talked about bringing boats, so there is some blue, I mean water.

On Mar 10, 2022, at 1:46 PM, Constantine Hannaher via groups.io <channaher@...> wrote:

I see people are responding in a way that doesn't show up on the Groups.io web site.

Constantine

MARGARET KEYS

I have carried 25 tables, but that means not much else.Do you need my baseplates?
Margaret