BrickFair Virginia 2021

Constantine Hannaher

ICYMI

Private Convention is On in VA

Our plan for BF/VA which will meet state restrictions beginning May 15:
- private convention is on.
- up to 1,000 people max.
- big hall only.
- same length, same days.

Public days July 31 - August 1 are currently on hold.

We hope state restrictions will loosen as convention-time draws near. We hope for a public show. At least we can plan for our own exhibitor entertainment and be that much more prepared when/if the public show is permitted.

We anticipate fewer than 1,000 exhibitors. In 2019 we had 1,068 but due to COVID concerns this year shrinkage can be expected. So the 1,000-person state imposed limit (come May 15) should not affect this show. If interest grows and restrictions allow then we may go public and may expand into the small hall.

Refunds are always available upon request. But we recommend waiting. We're still hopeful for a public offering. It is up to the state, the CDC, and the general health of the American people.

When/if the public option becomes available we may need to try something new to make best use of limited resources. We may employ 3-hour "sessions" instead of full day tickets. Or we may open a Friday session. We're still brainstorming.

Public tickets for Virginia have been removed from our website until a public show can be assured.

Our fingers are crossed! We're hopeful that next month brings good news for a public show.

Ed Kohl

Does anyone know it there will be a block of rooms for us overnight stayers at a reduced rate during BrickFair 2021?

Edward Kohl
(Retired-Ed)
Catonsville, MD
Cell 443 742 1317

[...]